Established in 2007, CDC Data Centres is Australia’s leading operator of sovereign, secure, world-class data centre facilities.
Headquartered in Canberra with multiple facilities in the ACT, NSW and New Zealand, CDC’s diversified operations provide secure data centre configurations that support co-location, containerised and hyperscale compute environments with all campuses interconnected with high-speed carrier grade networks.
At CDC we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe that everyone’s unique experiences enable us to deliver meaningful benefits for our people, our clients and communities. Our mission is to attract, retain and grow the world’s best data centre team.
Our people are responsive, innovative and trusted in supporting our customers. Together, we configure the landscape to meet the security, reliability, connectivity and sustainability needs for today and tomorrow.
About the Role:
The Procurement and Supplier Manager (PSM) is responsible for the development and implementation of a strategic end-to-end procurement and supplier management framework for CDC Data Centres (CDC). The PSM shall ensure delivery of value, consistency in approach, mitigation of supply chain risk and achievement of cost savings. The PSM will work across the business to assess current state and design/implement strategies and develop best practice approaches for CDC procurement and ongoing supplier management.
Other responsibilities include:
- Providing strategic leadership in the design and implementation of a collaborative approach to deliver a comprehensive Supplier Management Framework for compliance and operational efficiency.
- Identifying and selecting reliable sources of supply, engaging and working with key suppliers to improve value for money.
- Conducting technical, business and process analysis, identifying areas for improvement and providing advice to senior management on optimal approaches to procurement and supplier management.
- Maintaining programs for ongoing market analysis, benchmarking and cost reduction.
- To lead the development of strategies to support tendering, contract management, negotiation, spend analytics and supplier performance management.
- To ensure all aspects of regulatory compliance and external requirements are met.
- Implement strategies that help safeguard contractual and commercial risk.
- Understand CDC’s existing supplier base, processes, policies, risk management and business imperatives.
- Conduct current state assessment of CDC’s suppliers and develop a management framework including an enhanced risk segmentation methodology and scoring approach.
- Provide procurement, contract, contract management and tendering advice to stakeholders across the business.
- Establish governance protocols to monitor and analyse supplier performance.
- Identify areas of enhancements with a focus on the supplier.
- Provide procurement activity reporting that can be understood by non-specialists.
- Developing, piloting, testing and implementing procurement tools.
- Proven experience as a Procurement Manager / Head of Procurement in designing and executing Procurement and Supplier Management Framework (preferably in a critical infrastructure/utility industry).
- Results-oriented, metrics-driven leader with expertise in procurement, supplier collaboration, supplier development and compliance.
- Demonstrable negotiating and influencing abilities with internal and external stakeholders.
- Advanced analytical interpretation and problem-solving skills.
- Commercially savvy, great communication and change management skills.
- Understanding of contract/commercial law.
- Ability to work autonomously across multiple facets of the business.
Australian citizenship and ability to obtain an NV1 Security Clearance
If you are looking for an opportunity to play a vital role in a fast-growing Australian technology company and be part of our amazing team, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com